Sunday, July 31, 2011

Eden Restored


"Thou hast made us for Thyself, and our heart is restless until it finds it's rest in Thee." St. Augustine
Everything the world is seeking so desperately can be found in the person of Jesus. Finding Him is like finding our forever home......
Drinking from the river of life is possible right here and now. I can stand on it's shore, cup my hand under the crystalline waters and drink deep. Because of Him and what He made possible.
He is my quiet country lane I seek when I want peace.....my cool breeze in the sweltering heat of a desert summer. My bridge to Eden......My everything I have ever longed for, every desire of my deepest longing, even the ones I don't know about, is satisfied in Him and through Him.
But without Him I am never satisfied.
I could ache like I do, for the pines or for the ocean swells and go to that quiet place, a closet even, and find that I have come out just as refreshed as if I had just spent time watching the waves upon the shore or hearing the wind making the pines sigh.
It is part of my oldest memory, this earth. Part of me and I cannot ever separate myself from it, nor do I want to, for He grew me out of it, this soil, this earth, and to it I will return one day.

Until such time as I reach that Eternal shore where will meet me......Restored.

 He will swallow up death forever.
The Sovereign LORD will wipe away the tears
from all faces;
he will remove his people’s disgrace
from all the earth.
The LORD has spoken.
 In that day they will say,
“Surely this is our God;
we trusted in him, and he saved us.
This is the LORD, we trusted in him;
let us rejoice and be glad in his salvation.”
Isaiah 25:8,9

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post Lori!
    I especially like this:
    It is part of my oldest memory, this earth. Part of me and I cannot ever separate myself from it, nor do I want to, for He grew me out of it, this soil, this earth, and to it I will return one day.
    It's almost as if my body longs to return to the earth just as my soul longs to return to my Lord.
    Blessings~Lisa~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, we know that we belong to Him in the deepest parts of our being....thank you Lisa...one day we will return and what a joy that will be! Lori

    ReplyDelete

Make my day, leave a comment!