I am starting my gratitude list along with many others......
1. Knowing that I am loved by God....The LORD your God is with you,
he is mighty to save.
He will take great delight in you,
he will quiet you with his love,
he will rejoice over you with singing." Zeph.3:17
2. The gift of health, of breathing in and out without discomfort or effort, freedom to move about with no pain....what a gift! "This will bring health to your body and nourishment to your bones." Proverbs 3:8
3. Loved ones who smile and say "Good morning!" "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. John 13:34
4. Laughter....always finding something funny and sharing that with someone special. There are really some people who go through a whole day without laughter. "A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a crushed spirit dries up the bones." Proverbs 17:22
5. Freedom to worship....Lord, I know I take it for granted sometimes, please help me to fully appreciate this wonderful gift we have in America. "Worship the LORD with gladness; come before him with joyful songs." Psalm 100:2
6. The gift of belief....belief in Someone bigger than myself who holds it all together. "Yet to all who received him, to those who believed in his name, he gave the right to become children of God—" John 1:12
7. Friendship...."A man of many companions may come to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother." Proverbs 18:24
8. Birds in the morning....they are singing and they don't even question whether they should....singing is just what they do. Why shouldn't we be the same? "But ask the animals, and they will teach you, or the birds of the air, and they will tell you;" Job 12:7
9. Nature all around us. Even sitting here at my computer I can imagine being in a quiet forest....sitting by a gurgling stream....walking on the beach, waves crashing all around. I know it is out there to enjoy! "Then God said, "Let the land produce vegetation: seed-bearing plants and trees on the land that bear fruit with seed in it, according to their various kinds." And it was so. The land produced vegetation: plants bearing seed according to their kinds and trees bearing fruit with seed in it according to their kinds. And God saw that it was good. Genesis 1:11,12
10. Two parents still alive and healthy, who answer the phone when I call..."Children's children are a crown to the aged, and parents are the pride of their children." Proverbs 17:6
Thank you to Ann Voscamp at Holy Experience for starting all this, once you start listing things, it changes how you think!