Monday, August 10, 2009

What encourages you?

God's word encourages me daily, and the loved ones surrounding me encourage me as I see the obstacles they overcome and still remain positive; they inspire me to do the same! The birds encourage me each morning. They never question whether they should sing or not, they just do. They remind me that praising God should come just as naturally to me as singing is to them because he has done great things in my life and He is worthy!

A special little face I am thinking of encourages me too, because I want to be a good role model for her. And voices I have heard from my earliest memories, my parents who weren't often encouraged themselves, but thought it important that they encouraged their kids...."You're great....keep going, you can do it. I have faith in you." Their presence in the crowd of all those choir concerts, and their joy in all my accomplishments!

I am also blessed to have a best friend who is my daily encourager...she is my advocate, the "Gail to my Oprah" or vice-versa. Everyone needs one like her, who speaks the truth in love, one who says in her actions, "I've got your back."

And of course, so many friends through the years that have touched my life with kind words and acts of love. And all my sisters and brothers in the faith who have encouraged me in this journey toward Home. Like lights along my path, sometimes they show the way; and sometimes we walk side by side holding each other up. And to all these wonderful bloggers who encourage me without even knowing it with their beautiful artful blogs, to keep going with my humble beginning blog.

Click this link to see how other wonderful women find encouragement and share your own ideas!

1 comment:

  1. I loved your perspective on the birds--"They never question whether they should sing or not, they just do." Beautiful, true.
    Holley - (in)courage

    ReplyDelete

Make my day, leave a comment!