Sunday, August 16, 2009

Be still



I called my Mom yesterday. Calling her now is not the same as it was 10 years ago, or 20, because now she is 80 and it has occurred to me many times lately.....what will I do when I can't call her? I was feeling low yesterday and again, she lifted me up. She says I do the same for her, but I don't see it. I guess because I am feeling it from the inside out. All week she had been caring for my niece who has been very sick....washing, wiping, taking temperatures, giving medicine, cleaning, more wiping, more laundry. And still encouraging me, still making me laugh.

That is why I posted the powerpoint message today. To remind myself. I pray it blesses you as well. Because we are all distracted. And because I have been worrying more than ever about how much time I have left with my folks. How many more conversations? How many more Christmases, Thanksgivings, Birthdays? The time with them is oh so precious right now.

Each of us has our own valleys that we're walking through, but thanks be to God....the backdrop of sorrow that we live in has been vanquished forever by His life....death....resurrection. So we can all take heart and have courage! He has passed from death to life, and so will we.

So I emerged this morning from my prayer closet renewed with hope and peace....

"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life. John 5:24

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day, leave a comment!