Monday, August 10, 2009

Milestones.....



Many thanks to my best friend for the beautiful cake.

The cake on which broadcasts the number that I can no longer deny. I have been asking myself as this day has drawn near, "How do you feel turning "GASP" dare I say it out loud? FIFTY. Half a century. I have lived more years than I have left (I think) although, that number rests with God. I guess I feel extremely grateful and thankful, to all who have made my life so good, filled it with such beauty and meaning, you all know who you are, and of course God, who breathed the breath of life into me as I entered the world at 3 pounds, 3 ounces and determined that I would live. The words that best describe it are in the opening lines of a song by Andre Crouch, written years ago.

My Tribute

How can I say thanks
For the things You have done for me,
Things so undeserved,
Yet You gave to prove Your love for me.
The voices of a million angels
Could not express my gratitude.
All that I am and ever hope to be,
I owe it all to Thee.

My wish for the next half of my life is that I will love better. Yield to God much more than I do now; instead of constantly wrestling the reigns away from Him who knows what is best for me. To love myself more, see myself as God sees me. To not look into the mirror and see what I want to change, but what I am grateful for! To forgive myself for things long past so that I can be more forgiving to everyone else I meet. To love God more and more, so that that light may shine in me to others.

Lori

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day, leave a comment!