Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Cure for anxiety


Photo by Robert Koehler, "Ada Prayer Chamber, Pfeiffer Hall, Korea"

Prayer for anxiety:

Oh Lord, may I focus on You today.
Let me give you the first fruits of my time;
as I lift you up here in the quiet.
Still my soul,
Quiet my spirit of all other voices....thoughts...worries.
Until I can hear Your Spirit whisperings.

I come before You to smooth out the wrinkles of my day.
Let the furrowed brows relax, let the churning waters of the
mind become as a still pond reflecting Your peace.

Release my heart to love myself and others with
Your love; for You have enough to go around.
Some days it seems I barely have enough
for the ones I say I love.

Help me to live this day in the present, and not be looking back
to yesterday....or forward to tomorrow....

Let me seek Your kingdom first in my prayer closet today.
For I know that when I do that, the rest will fall into place.

"But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble." Matthew 6:33,34

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day, leave a comment!