Monday, July 18, 2011

All Creatures Great and Small

“If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity, you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men.” Saint Francis of Assisi

Today I honor our animal friends with a photo essay of "Briggs." I am so thankful for the joy and the laughter our pets bring to our lives, and for the comfort they so unreservedly give, expecting nothing in return. They leave their footprints across our hearts and change us for the better. I am thankful for all those who volunteer in shelters, giving their love and time and extending their compassion to all God's creatures who have been left behind and abandoned.

"Oh, no she has that black thing out again that clicks and flashes the bright light.........must you do that nooowwww?"


"Okay, if you insist on doing that, I will just do my best to ignore you and take a bath......"


"Doing my best to look thoughtful and pensive......how am I doing?"


"This is all so very tiring.....I think I will just lay here and guard my mouse."


"A cat's work is never done......"

Thankful today for all the ones I have held and known, run and played with throughout my life. Thankful for a loving God who saw fit to create them for us as wonderful companions in the journey of life.

Briggs is the king of the house and loves everyone.....Sydney adopted me as his own and follows me everywhere, flopping upside down in my lap every night.....

All things bright and beautiful,
All creatures great and small,
All things wise and wonderful,
The Lord God made them all.
Cecil Frances Alexander


holy experience

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day, leave a comment!