Tuesday, March 30, 2010

It's all about Jesus

image from: peterfultonministries.com

Is it just me or does it seems like every year around Holy week Satan tries to stir the pot all over again. He thought he succeeded the first time around but then came Sunday and the empty tomb. But make no mistake, he lost the epic battle but he is still waging war. Consider today's headlines:

"Losing their religion? Catholicism in turmoil
Sex abuse scandal prompts soul-searching across the globe."


"Christian militia plotted cops’ deaths, FBI says" Maybe I am being paranoid but it seems the media is taking every opportunity to use the word Christian describing these wackos. I don't care what they call themselves, they have nothing to do with me, or my faith, or Jesus.

We don't like to talk about Satan much anymore and he likes that. He would be very happy if we just pretended he didn't exist. But Jesus didn't hesitate to talk about him so neither should we. He was in a head to head struggle with him about 2000 years ago this particular week. From His 40 day duel in the desert, to the Garden of agony, to the cross.....but that my friends is where he lost for good.

Satan is still trying to do whatever he can to destroy the credibility of the church, but he won't be able to harm it because it rests in those nail scarred hands perfectly intact. People can call themselves whatever they want, but the Lord knows those who are truly His.

And Jesus answered and said unto him, Blessed art thou Simon Bar-jona, for flesh and blood hath not revealed it unto thee, but my Father which is in heaven. And I say also unto thee, that thou art Peter. And upon this rock I will build my church, and the gates of hell shall not prevail against it." Matt. 16:13-18.

3 comments:

  1. Thanks! Just mad as heck at Satan and not gonna take it anymore! :-) He knows his time is short...

    ReplyDelete

Make my day, leave a comment!