Monday, March 29, 2010

Christ our Passover.....

Photo taken at Canaan in the Desert, Phoenix
“Get rid of the old yeast that you may be a new batch without yeast—as you really are. For Christ, our Passover lamb, has been sacrificed.” 1 Corinthians 5:7

On this Multitude Monday I am celebrating the little things of life.....sweeping the driveway on a beautiful morning#261, a new Easter wreathe on the door#262, the beautiful colors of my Easter flag#263, cleaning the windshield of my car#264, giving the plants a drink#265, listening to Pandora radio softly playing Fernando Ortega#266, fellowship with my Savior in prayer#267, mourning doves calling on the eaves nearby#268, getting ready for vacation, crossing things off my list#269, laughter yesterday#270, as I turned and found that somebody (she knows who she is!) in her haste had put the eyes on the chicks feet instead of the head! Had a good laugh over that one! I should also add here that she had surprised me yesterday by rolling out and baking my unfinished dough so I really didn't care were she put the eyes!

More laughter, tears and joy when about 50 children in all types of dress waved bedraggled palm branches and blew very off key little horns while leading an adorable little burro who I was very glad to see nobody was riding. I know Jesus was beaming down from Heaven, how could He not? It was priceless.

Contemplative wandering through Canaan in the Desert#271 Contemplation turned to something else when we rounded a corner and saw someone dressed as resurrected Jesus, and an angel in sneakers trying to get dressed on an incline, (an older gentleman who exclaimed aloud that he was not fond of heights and that he was apprehensive about slipping down the hill.) Unbeknownst to us, North Phoenix Baptist Church was having a presentation there. I think it added something special to the day. We certainly won't forget it.

Most of all, I am grateful today that I can celebrate the little things because of the big thing that we celebrate this week! For it is against the backdrop of the cross, we have life, we have victory, we have joy. In the cross we find Him! Because of the cross our life is colored with meaning and purpose. So that is the wondrous big thing I celebrate today! Celebrate with me today as we enter into our remembrance of Holy week. I am thankful that with Him, every week is Holy.

"Truly, truly, I say to you, he who hears My word, and believes Him who sent Me, has eternal life, and does not come into judgment, but has passed out of death into life. John 5:24

Be a part of the Gratitude Community, join Ann, me and others here:
holy experience


Wishing a Blessed Passover to our Jewish friends today...

2 comments:

  1. My favorite part of this post is the eyes on the chicks feet. I like it, I do!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know, I think it was mine too :-) Cassandra, may you and your family have a blessed Easter week! Lori

    ReplyDelete

Make my day, leave a comment!