Friday, March 26, 2010

Crumbs under the table.....


Today on the way to work I was trying to pray but my brain was scrambled. I couldn't seem to take one thought and hold it captive for even a moment. My mind felt like a superhighway.....it humbled me, I felt bad for not being able to clear my mind enough to talk to God. I thought of my petty worries. I thought of all the other people who are carrying unbelievable loads, of missionaries endangering their lives to share the Gospel. I felt unworthy to bring Him my pitiful load. I thought of the Greek woman who came to Jesus asking for healing for her daughter.

"Jesus left that place and went to the vicinity of Tyre. He entered a house and did not want anyone to know it; yet he could not keep his presence secret. In fact, as soon as she heard about him, a woman whose little daughter was possessed by an evil spirit came and fell at his feet. The woman was a Greek, born in Syrian Phoenicia. She begged Jesus to drive the demon out of her daughter.
"First let the children eat all they want," he told her, "for it is not right to take the children's bread and toss it to their dogs." Mark 7:24-29

"Yes, Lord," she replied, "but even the dogs under the table eat the children's crumbs."

Then he told her, "For such a reply, you may go; the demon has left your daughter."

Because of her tenacious faith He answered her prayer, even though she wasn't one of the "chosen." Though Jesus seems at first to be brushing her off, even admonishing her for her boldness, He really isn't; and she ends up being rewarded for her bold move. He looked in her heart and saw humility. She knew she wasn't worthy, but she knew that He had something she needed and she had faith enough to ask for it.

I was rewarded this morning too. He took my scrap offerings of faith and blessed them. God lifted the clouds from my mind and I was able to pray.....It started with honesty. To the One who knows all my weaknesses and blesses me anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day, leave a comment!