Sunday, March 14, 2010

Daffodil Sunday



I wandered lonely as a Cloud
That floats on high o'er Vales and Hills
When all at once I saw a crowd
A host of dancing Daffodils,
And the Lake, beneath the trees,
Ten thousand dancing in the breeze.

The waves beside them danced, but they
Outdid the sparkling waves in glee: --
A Poet could not but be gay
In such a laughing company:
I gaz'd--and gaz'd--but little thought
What wealth the shew to me had brought:

For oft when on my couch I lie
In vacant or in pensive mood,
They flash upon that inward eye
Which is the bliss of solitude,
And then my heart with pleasure fills,
And dances with the Daffodils. William Wordsworth


I have always loved daffodils, they seem so courageous to me, hopeful and optimistic they come up through the cold, hard earth that seems unwilling to surrender its grip on winter....they insist that spring is coming, and how can you argue with such beauty?

They warm from the inside out!

And they were calling to one another: "Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty; the whole earth is full of his glory." Isaiah 6:3

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day, leave a comment!