Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Happy Birthday Mom!

What a great looking lady!

I said a Birthday prayer for you today Mom, I wish I could be with you in person to hug you and tell you again how much you mean to me! I know that you will be surrounded with well-wishers today and I pray that you will be able to enjoy a measure of peace and reflection in the midst of all your regular activity and know that I treasure you, and miss you, and thank God for your influence in my life everyday.

We would all be going in circles without you to give us our marching orders and be our motivation and positive reinforcement. You are my inspiration Mom, you always find strength to lift others up, even when your own strength is tapped to the limit. That is because you know where your real strength lies, in Him.

You always said that there was only one thing you wanted for me most of all, and that is for me to know and love the Lord. You built your life around that one goal, and for that I will be eternally grateful. After all, what could be more important than that?

I wonder if you remember this.....You gave her to me in 1995

I have her in my bathroom so I can see her when I get ready for work and I always think of you then and say a prayer for you, though it makes me a little sad because I miss you! Below here she is again from a distance, I love that the stars are gathered in her little dress.

You always said that you would give me the stars if you could, and the most wonderful thing about it is, I know you would.....

So thank you Mom, for everything. All those long talks through tears, prayers shared together, the heartache of letting me go out the door. All those shopping trips when I was 14 and so small I could find nothing to wear in the Jr section; I know you went without many years so that I could have something new. Do you remember me calling you panicked from the bathroom? "Mom, can you do the back of my hair? I'm late!"

All those prayers paid off Mom......and God and I talk about you all the time! I hope the flowers I send are half as beautiful as you....They come with love.

But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have firmly believed, knowing from whom you learned it and how from childhood you have been acquainted with the sacred writings, which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus. 2 Timothy 3:14-15

1 comment:

  1. Yes she is a wonderful Mother,also a wonderful friend, Happy Birthday Vera.

    ReplyDelete

Make my day, leave a comment!