Monday, March 8, 2010

Grateful for Grace


Ephesians 2:8-9 "For by grace you have been saved through faith; and that not of yourselves, it is the gift of God; not as a result of works, that no one should boast."

Thankful today for God's grace....the grace that leads to salvation.

"Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come!" 2 Corinthians 5:17....

I have seen it happen many, many times, this modern day miracle and it never gets old! I have seen lives changed, transformed dramatically with just one decision. The most important one we will ever make.

Jesus called it being "born again."

What it is, is conversion. Blinding light with closed eyes conversion. It is the power that struck Saul on the road with that same blinding light and turned him, former "Christian persecutor" into Paul, a "Christ-follower himself'; and one of the greatest evangelists the world has ever known.

It is me sitting in the back seat after going to a Billy Graham crusade and knowing that the next Sunday I would walk down the church aisle and start my journey with Christ. It is my Dad, walking down the same church aisle, (the one he said he would never walk down) at around 45 years of age. It is my best friend who accepted Christ in my small apartment, seeing as she said, "a white light" through closed eyes. A heart-change, a life change.
It is going from death to life in one decision. One step that leads to life......

What it isn't:

Seven habits of highly successful people
Following a set of laws
Going through the 12 steps
Being in church everytime the doors are open
Doing good works

All noble things, and yet.....they won't get you the relationship with Him This Grace is peace #239, knowing your final destination #240, strength for this life #241, someone always having your back (God)#242, it is being able to throw someone who is drowning a life-preserver #243, it colors everything in this life with meaning #244, it is life eternal with God who loves me!#245 It is Jesus giving His all for you and me!#246 It is being a part of the family of God #247
Find out more here!

Join Ann along with the rest of the gratitude community here to continue counting our blessings.....
holy experience

1 comment:

  1. Don't know who this is commenting, but I have a feeling I am really glad it was blocked...Lori

    ReplyDelete

Make my day, leave a comment!