Monday, July 23, 2012

Stewards of His word.....


Then the Lord stretched out His hand and touched my mouth, and the Lord said to me.......


See, I have appointed you this day over the nations and over the kingdoms, to pluck up and to break down, to destroy and overthrow, to build and to plant.......


And the word of the Lord came to me saying, "What do you see, Jeremiah?" And I said, "I see a rod of almond tree."

Then the Lord said to me........"You have seen well, for I am watching over my word to perform it." Jeremiah 1:9-12

As I read these passages the thought came to me, "All of us who are writers are stewards of God's words are we not?" It is extremely humbling. As I read these passages, it hit me. Those of us who write about the things of God need to be accountable for those words, not only what we say but how we say them.....

Today I am linking up with Duane Scott. He has some powerful and timely words that I wanted to share.......

Blessings and peace for your Monday, counting my Gratitude as well.



2 comments:

  1. Thank you for being a writer, someone I can confide in, but most of all for being a friend.

    A friend who shows me Jesus in every word you write.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh.....thank you dear friend. It just amazes me all the time, how the Lord draws people together and in an few conversations, something eternal happens? That's the Holy Spirit! You are a valued friend and brother :-)

    ReplyDelete

Make my day, leave a comment!