Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Free Indeed





“So if the Son sets you free, you will be free indeed.” John 8:36
 
Today I got to enjoy something not everybody does.
In fact, many people in the world could only dream of what I got to do. 
I got to get up free from fear.
I didn't have to worry about someone taking my life.
Or the life of someone I care about.
 
And last night as I went to sleep,
I didn't have to fear someone coming in and taking what was mine,
or harming those I love.
I got to sleep in safety and security.
 
I got to get in my car and enjoy knowing it would start.
Because I have a job that allows me to take care of it.
Put gas in it.
 
And I got to drive to work.
Many people now don't have that luxury,
that freedom.
 
And I got to do all these things feeling good.
Not sick.
Some people have to work sick or in pain
because they are afraid they will lose
their jobs if they don't go in.
 
Then next week, I will get on a plane
and fly away to see family.
 
When some people have so many responsibilies
they can't ever take time off.
 
But the biggest thing I am grateful for,
that is, next to living in this great country.......
 
is the freedom that Jesus gives me each and every day.
The freedom that He bought for me
with His very own life.......in light of that great fact,
 
there is always something to be grateful for.
 
"Sin is no longer your master, for you no longer live under the requirements of the law. Instead, you live under the freedom of God’s grace." Romans 6:1

1 comment:

Make my day, leave a comment!