Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Nature as prayer......


In an interview with Mother Teresa of Calcutta, Dan Rather asked her, "What do you say to
God when you pray?" She thoughtfully said, "I listen." Flustered, he tried again. "Well, then what does God say?" Mother Teresa smiled......."He listens."

Yesterday I felt like the whole day was a prayer. God spoke through His creation once again......


..........and I listened. Nature speaks more clearly of God than anything else I can think of. If we only open our eyes and ears and let Him speak through it. So I give you some photos from yesterday's trip north to a place I used to live.


The Psalmist wisely says......
"The Heavens are telling of the glory of God; and their expanse is declaring the works of His hands. Day to day pours forth speech.....


And night to night reveals knowledge.

There is no speech, nor are there words; where their voice is not heard.

Indeed, God has touched every last corner of the earth with His nature, and only the coldest heart is untouched by it.....

Their line has gone out through all the earth, and their utterances to the end of the world.....


In them He has placed a tent for the sun.


It's rising is from one end of the heavens, and its circuit to the other end of the world.


Down to the smallest detail........God has brushed our earth with His divine fingerprints. It is up to us to find His mark.....it is everywhere!

My soul exults. I breathe a prayer of thanksgiving once again for His marvelous works.

All pictures taken in and around Payson, Arizona and Tonto Natural Bridges State Park

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day, leave a comment!