Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Miracle of the Promise


A man can no more diminish God's glory by refusing to worship Him than a lunatic can put out the sun by scribbling the word, 'darkness' on the walls of his cell. C. S. Lewis

I was thinking this morning.....how it's all a miracle. No matter what we have to go through, we are here. Someone had to think of us to bring us into existence. And maybe even if they didn't God did. It is a miracle that I believe, that any of us believes. And not only believe, because even the demons believe, but put that belief into something that started with a decision.

If someone had never taken me to church or told me about God, I have never have known that there was even a decision to be made.

Or that there was a God......and that He wanted a relationship with me.

If someone in your life thought it was important that you go to church, you need to thank God for them today. That they took you.

Maybe it was a stumbling blinding path they were tripping on themselves, or maybe it was a rock solid firm foundation. Whatever it was, they got you ready and somewhere in their hearts they thought it was right.......when many others were doing other things you were swinging your feet on a bench where you heard "the old old story, about how Christ left His home in glory."

and it planted a seed you could never quite forget.

I am thanking God today that no matter what I go through in this life, God cracked my heart open with the light of His love......and in all these years He has never stopped. Because I heard and answered the knock of a God who wanted to know me and live with me forever. And you.

"For the promise is for you and your children and for all who are far off, as many as the Lord our God will call to Himself." Acts 2:39

picture from google images

2 comments:

  1. It was my grandparents who took my brother and I to church. We also had a prayer time when we stayed with them for weekends and vacations. I'll never forget the different 'feeling' those prayer times gave me. It was like being set apart from the rest of the world for a time-and being right in some magnificent 'Presence.' Even as a child I could reason out that I really wanted that God that they showed me. And their walk was rock solid. I do thank God for them, and thank YOU for reminding me just how precious they were and are to me.
    ~Debra

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lori,
    Thank you for that quote by C.S. Lewis, I think it was awesome. I too am thankful someone taught me of Jesus and thankful to God for eternal life and His love. Awesome post and God bless,
    Ken

    ReplyDelete

Make my day, leave a comment!