Monday, October 31, 2011

Can you spell STRESS?


Consider it pure joy, my brothers, whenever you face trials of many kinds.......James 1:2

Pretty amazing, this verse, when you consider that it was written by Jesus brother James, after he became a Disciple and head of the church in Jerusalem......after Jesus resurrection.

That didn't really sink in to me until I did alittle digging into which James actually wrote it, there were several in the Bible.

Last night was stressful and there were a few misshaps. There always are while traveling with an Alzheimer's person. But miraculously there were also moments of joy along with the stress.

We had a wonderful meal by candelight outside.

Elaine tearfully said that......"I can't let her change who I am, I have to stay myself."

She deals with so much guilt. I do my best to tell her that the guilt is false, but she thinks she has to be perfectly in control and perfectly patient at all times. And that is not humanly possible. But she still trys. I fear that the trying is what drives people over the edge.

Well, that is all for now. Pulling out of the KOA soon....that is, as soon as I get ready. They are all waiting for the blogger to finish.....Sigh.

3 comments:

  1. I've worked with Alzheimers patients and that is a task in and of itself without dealing with the past. You're right, Elaine has to be careful that she's not pushed past her breaking point.

    I once heard this analogy and I'm sure that you probably have too. Taking care of yourself in this life is comparable to when you're told to put on your oxygen mask first on a plane before helping anyone else because-if you pass out you can't help anyone anyway.

    Praying for the traveling buddies...this too shall pass.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I Corinthians 10:13 -- God will lift [us] in His time as you look to Him

    I just read that verse for by Bible study, and I have to be reminded of it daily.

    I don't know your relationship to this person with the illness, but God bless you all..

    ReplyDelete

Make my day, leave a comment!