Saturday, September 17, 2011

He is more than enough


And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. 2 Corinthians 12:9

I got home the other night and she was outside on the patio. My best friend of the endless positive attitude...the natural born fixer, the supervisor and mediator of people and situations, cannot fix her Mom. There is no fix for Alzheimer's.....yet. The look on her face said it all. She was done....spent. Finished. "She drove me nuts today," she said. "I prayed all day and it didn't work." I said, "Yes it did, she is still alive and so are you." Sometimes it is all you can do to get through the day with your mind and body intact.

Everything she tried to do for her Mom ended in complete and utter frustration.

A woman who used to scream at them for getting in the kitchen while she was cooking, now stands in the middle of the kitchen as her daughter cooks, staring a hole through her. It is disconcerting to say the least.

And then the endless pacing....up and down, back and forth. In her squeaky shoes. Suggestions are met with hostility and you never know when.....It is like walking in two worlds. The regular world and the Alzheimer's world. Applying the normal rules doesn't work in an abnormal world.

Harder still, is when you have no good memory bank to pull from because your Mom was never emotionally available to you or for you......never nurturing. What do you do when your own supply of love and devotion is not enough, and when you feel like the sun has gone down and taken every scrap of your strength with it?

When the last thing you want is another thing you have to do.

You rest in the knowledge that
you know...... that you know...... that you know

He is more than enough

His love takes over when ours runs out

He will never, ever ignore His child who prays

Know that the power that raised Him from the grave is enough to raise you......."Now all glory to God, who is able, through his mighty power at work within us, to accomplish infinitely more than we might ask or think." Ephesians 3:20

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day, leave a comment!