Thursday, September 1, 2011

Sometimes we need a reminder

"Think straight. Awaken to the holiness of life. No more playing fast and loose with resurrection facts. Ignorance of God is a luxury you can't afford in times like these. Aren't you embarrassed that you've let this kind of thing go on as long as you have?" 1 Corinthians 15:34 The Message

You are more than the choices that you've made,
You are more than the sum of your past mistakes,
You are more than the problems you create,
You've been remade.
You Are More, Tenth Avenue North


And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God......1 Corinthians 6:11


Behold, I tell you a mystery; we will not all sleep, but we will all be changed, in a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trumpet; for the trumpet will sound, and the dead will be raised imperishable, and we will be changed.

 
"Therefore if any person is [ingrafted] in Christ (the Messiah) he is a new creation (a new creature altogether); the old [previous moral and spiritual condition] has passed away. Behold, the fresh and new has come!" 2 Corinthians 5:17 Amplified Bible
 
Sometimes it's good to be reminded........I heard the lyrics to the Tenth Avenue North song on the way to work and they really affected me. All too often I dwell on all my past mistakes and failures and begin to see myself that way. We really are so much more than that to God.
 
But God doesn't........"as far as the east is from the west, so far has he removed our transgressions from us." Psalm 103:12
 
photo credit: from Nat Geo, and public domain pictures.org

2 comments:

  1. Oh my gosh Lori! I just created a powerpoint for our 7th and 8th graders to the song, "You are More" - which I just discovered last week. Now I feel really good about this upcoming presentation about 'identity and self-worth'. Thanks for this!
    Andie

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a delightful series of images to accompany your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete

Make my day, leave a comment!