Monday, May 30, 2011

"I Don't Think I Can Do This"



I don't think I can do this......

Sometimes that's all you can pray. That's what my prayer was this morning. But there is nothing wrong with praying that way. Actually, that is what our prayer should be every day. Because as soon as we think we can do it, that is, anything without Him. We are done for.

All the great men and women history down through the ages have either thought that, or prayed that.

"But Lord," Gideon replied, "how can I rescue Israel? My clan is the weakest in the whole tribe of Manasseh, and I am the least in my entire family!"

"But Moses said, “Pardon your servant, Lord. Please send someone else." Here is the Lord's reply after Moses insisted that he was not eloquent enough to speak to the people: The LORD said to him, "Who gave human beings their mouths? Who makes them deaf or mute? Who gives them sight or makes them blind? Is it not I, the LORD? Now go; I will help you speak and will teach you what to say."

Moses went, and God graciously allowed Aaron to go along, as his mouthpiece........

And Jesus didn't waltz His way to the cross, He agonized over it......When He prayed to let the cup pass in the garden that night, that was an I don't think I can do this prayer. But He did it for the joy set before Him. He had the end-result in His sights.

And as I reflect on what every soldier going into battle must have felt like today, I add this gratitude to my list:

Freedom......

I am thankful today for every person all through the years and up to this very day, every soldier fighting for our freedom and liberty.

For every gut-wrenching, "I don't think I can do this" prayer they prayed.....

For every tear shed for the ones they left behind, both then now.

I say, Thank you for doing it for me, for us, for our freedom.

Because of them, I can stand on my two legs, walk, run, breathe the free air,....and live, work and worship without fear.


My list has grown to #700..............and counting.


holy experience

2 comments:

Make my day, leave a comment!