Monday, April 26, 2010

Water and the Word.....

I continue counting blessings today.....
"As the rain and the snow come down from heaven, and do not return to it without watering the earth, and making it bud and flourish, so that it yields seed for the sower and bread for the eater...... #282

so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it. #283

You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace; the mountains and hills will burst into song before you, and all the trees of the field will clap their hands. #284


Instead of the thornbush will grow the pine tree, and instead of briers the myrtle will grow. This will be for the LORD's renown, for an everlasting sign, which will not be destroyed." Isaiah 55:10-13 #285

Not too long ago I read a commentary over at Musings of a Minister about these passages that really deepened the meaning of this Scripture for me, so thank you Cliff! Hop over here to read it! So many times reading this passage I thought of it only in terms of God's word going out and producing fruit, but the deeper meaning is that God is comparing the word to water that permeates the ground that nourishes all of creation. It is in all and through all. So that everything we see is part of that Living Word "In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God" John 1:1 #286

So today, I lift my gratitude to God for His Word, the more I read it the more it comes alive to me. Behind every desert bloom, and every sunrise it speaks for those who have ears to hear and eyes to see. Thank you Lord, for without You I never would have seen it!

#287 Cool mornings, #288 quail's plaintive cry through open windows, #289 the bloom of new life in the desert, #290 taking God along on my morning walk!

Keeping the gratitude alive, along with Ann and many others....
holy experience


All photos provided by Google....

2 comments:

  1. Lori, I recognize the Arizona scenes. Isn't the desert beautiful in bloom?

    I follow Clif's blog too. Do you follow his wife Charlotte? I've met Charlotte at a blogger get together in Phoenix. She's a gem. Next time ...

    Love your photos and the music playing on your blog too.

    Blessings and love,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good morning Debbie! Yes it is beautiful, I never understood that though, until I moved here...I never understood how cactus could be beautiful??! I have been on Charlotte's blog too but I can't find it anymore and I don't see a link there from Cliffs. Anyway, they both seem like very sweet people.

    Yes, next time! Have a great day....

    ReplyDelete

Make my day, leave a comment!