Monday, April 5, 2010

Heading West.....


This was the view on the way up the coast on Easter afternoon, overcast and rainy but with a profusion of bright yellow and purple wildflowers along each side of the green hills beside the freeway, announcing a resurrection of their own; then steady and promising off to the West it appeared, the grand Pacific....beckoning me with its steady peace and rest. It always takes my breath away each time I get the first magic glimpse. How can someone not gaze at those waves, hear that thundering surf and not know that God is behind it all?

I am so grateful for this time to get away, to reflect on what the Lord has done for us, for me. To think of how He loves us to create all this beauty for us to enjoy. It was a very different Easter on the road, but it was memorable. Listening to praise music driving down Highway 1 by the sea....Thank you God, for a generosity that I can only partially glimpse, partially guess...I am in awe again when I see your Word come to life in Your creation.....

"Who shut up the sea behind doors when it burst forth from the womb, when I made the clouds its garment and wrapped it in thick darkness, when I fixed limits for it and set its doors and bars in place, when I said, 'This far you may come and no farther; here is where your proud waves halt'?” Job 38:8-11

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day, leave a comment!