Saturday, April 17, 2010

I hate cars....


I really don't hate cars, I know we can't live without them anymore, but I didn't want to hear them this morning. I awoke with the full expectation of not hearing that irritating, incessant hum....I want QUIET! Why did I hear it today? Isn't it Saturday?

Then I remembered, "Country Thunder" is going on right now. Drat! The country music event that attracts thousands.

Those of you who live in quiet rural areas need to count your blessings. To those of us who live near major freeways, quiet is a luxury. Maybe tomorrow I will be able to post something nice and inspirational and meditative. Right now all I can hear is the incessant HUM.

I know, this is like complaining about planes overhead when you know full well the house you bought is next to an airport, it's just that on Saturday I expect the quiet. Lord, help me to find the quiet in my soul today.

Tomorrow I will get up earlier!

Psalm 131:2
But I have stilled and quieted my soul; like a weaned child with its mother, like a weaned child is my soul within me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day, leave a comment!