Sunday, April 18, 2010

My future belongs to Him


Today I as I was praying, I was thanking the Holy Spirit for His presence, instruction, and also for His conviction of sin in my life when He hit me with a thunderbolt almost immediately.

Lately I haven't been excited about my future.
I have allowed worry, anxiety, and fear to crowd it out.
To move, or not to move, and when......
and other things that I can't even control.

Forgive me, Lord for allowing Satan to have the upper hand for even one moment. I have allowed him to choke away my optimism and gradually he has worn me down.
How dare he!

It is easy to think that once you reach fifty that your best years are behind you, but I really don't feel that way. I don't want to. I remember feeling optimistic when I turned fifty last summer, so what has changed?

When did I forget that my pathway leads me only to more of You, Lord?
When did I stop believing that all the love around me would disappear when I got old?
I hear Your words....."I will never leave you or forsake you".....I grab hold.

Thank you Holy Spirit for this new feeling of hope! You alone hold, my past, present and future, Father. You have given me these precious days and years that are now stretched before me with hope and promise.....I bind the power of Satan right now in Jesus name, for he comes with one mission only, to kill, steal and destroy.

His power is now useless here, for You have once again exposed him for what he is!

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future" Jeremiah 29:11.

"Your eyes saw my unformed body. All the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be." Psalm 139:16


Hallelujah!

2 comments:

  1. Those verses have been very meaningful to me over the past 16 months. They are indeed a place to hold on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cassandra, yes I am clinging! I am praying for you and your family. Sounds like you have had some hard decisions to wrestle with! I have enjoyed reading about your hikes.....have you ever read A Walk in the Woods by Bill Bryson? A must read for any hiker, it is hilarious!

    ReplyDelete

Make my day, leave a comment!