Monday, September 10, 2012

The most important thing I may never tell you


To everyone I care about and even those I don't know or love:

I want you to go. To Heaven that is. And no matter what you may have been taught or believe. It exists........and believe me, you will very much want to go there. You will not come back here again as something else, this is your one chance.

Behind every moment eternity rests. Eternity awaits.......

I am telling you this because I care. And as I was praying this morning, and thanking God for the assurance that I am going there, as will most of the people I love, I thought of you. And I knew that right now if something happened, you wouldn't.

And more than anything else? I want you to understand that it is not for anything I have done that I go to that wonderful place, that place of unapproachable light, but only for what Jesus did.

For me.....For you.

And that other place? You really don't want to go there. No comfort from friends waits for you there. There is only the absence of everything good, everything you ever loved. And forever is a very long time to gamble on. I hate writing this......hate to think that people are dying right now and will miss out on something eternally good, because no one told them.

Because they ignored the voice that spoke in the quiet.

Day after day.

Because they never got a letter like this.

Please know, that it doesn't have to be. You have an incredible opportunity to be with the God who created you for all eternity. He wants you with Him.......

And no, we won't be floating around on clouds playing harps. It will be as real a place as you can possible imagine. In fact, the Bible says we don't even have the capacity to know just how good it will be, only that it will exceed our wildest imaginations.

That light that you see every morning and every evening? Those planets? Those were set there just so. As reminders of where we come from and where we are going back to someday.

And it may be very soon. The tragedy is that you will never see this letter. It will most likely remain right here, because you see, I don't want to offend you. The truth is, I would rather see you go to hell than offend you, because I really like you......

I just don't love you enough.
 
Lord, our Lord,
how majestic is your name in all the earth!
You have set your glory
in the heavens.


Through the praise of children and infants
you have established a stronghold against your enemies,
to silence the foe and the avenger.
 
When I consider your heavens,
the work of your fingers,
the moon and the stars,
which you have set in place,
what is mankind that you are mindful of them,
human beings that you care for them?
You have made them a little lower than the angels
and crowned them with glory and honor.
You made them rulers over the works of your hands;
you put everything under their feet:
all flocks and herds,
and the animals of the wild,
the birds in the sky,
and the fish in the sea,
all that swim the paths of the seas.
Lord, our Lord,
how majestic is your name in all the earth!
 
Psalm 8, proof that He loves you.
 
Still counting the gifts, every day, every Monday too......
 

2 comments:

  1. Beautiful post! Words that have been in my heart but never been said. Thanks for sharing this.

    God bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very welcome, Mary Ann....

    ReplyDelete

Make my day, leave a comment!