Friday, August 10, 2012

Why all Birthdays are important


But you are a chosen generation, a royal priesthood, a holy nation, His own special people, that you may proclaim the praises of Him who called you out of darkness into His marvelous light who once were not a people but are now the people of God, who had not obtained mercy but now have obtained mercy. 1 Peter 2:9,10

 
Today, I celebrate two Birthdays......the one my parents gave me, and the one my Father in Heaven gave me. Because of that, I will never be too old to rejoice, to celebrate, to remember, who it is that gave me this life. I was blessed because my parents, planned me, wanted me, looked forward to my birth with eager anticipation.

Maybe it was different with you. Maybe your earthly parents didn't give much thought to having you. Maybe they didn't want you at all.....But the truth is, Somebody wanted you on this green earth. He wanted you Here because He has a grand purpose for your life.

More than that, He wants you with Him in Heaven for all eternity.

To be where He is.

That my friends, is a reason to celebrate. For all time.

Just think of it! If you are here right now, living, breathing, working......it is because you were thought of and wanted by the Lord of all creation. Not only that, He put a deposit of His own Holy Spirit in your soul, so that you would never, ever forget how much He loves you!

Oh how He loves you.......Oh how He loves me.....Oh how He loves you and me.

And may you have the power to understand, as all God's people should, how wide, how long, how high, and how deep his love is. Ephesians 3:18

3 comments:

  1. I hope your day today was once again doubly blessed. Happy Birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Susan.....so much. God is so, so good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lori, lovely post and hope you had a blessed day. We have such a wonderful Saviour and 2 birthdays, how blessed are we.

    ReplyDelete

Make my day, leave a comment!