Sunday, August 19, 2012

Remembering



“I only went out for a walk and finally concluded to stay out till sundown, for going out, I found, was really going in.”  John Muir


I am missing the trailhead today.....I remember so vividly, the feel......the crunch of walking over the earth, scrambling over the rocks, the stab of the walking stick as each step measured, and the grand rhythm of it all. It is a constant ache in my soul that never goes away.

To get back there.

Some people say, I am a mountain person, or I am an ocean person. I am just a nature person, displaced into a town, a transplant. In some ways I think we all are, and forever trying to find our way back home.

We have this pattern we walk because we have to. And places we must go, and they are all good places, but we know it's not the pattern God originally picked for us. Not this meaningless counting out of days we work, so we can be off.

And so we go the trailhead or the shore to remember the truth of how it is supposed to be, and how one day it will be again,  when He welcomes us back home for good.

I have been there, I have stood on the shore, and climbed to the top and felt the exhilaration of being Home. That place where we recapture our soul once more, let it find wings and fly home.

Click.......I can almost hear the missing piece snap back in place.


Even the trees and the waves whisper.........Why have you waited so long?



“The grand show is eternal. It is always sunrise somewhere; the dew is never dried all at once; a shower is forever falling; vapor is ever rising. Eternal sunrise, eternal dawn and gloaming, on sea and continents and islands, each in its turn, as the round earth rolls. ” John Muir

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day, leave a comment!