Friday, October 8, 2010

New every morning......

The Wilderness holds answers to more questions than we have learned to ask.......Nancy Newhall

The steadfast love of the Lord never ceases;
his mercies never come to an end;
they are new every morning;
great is your faithfulness.
“The Lord is my portion,” says my soul,
“therefore I will hope in him.”
The Lord is good to those who wait for him,
to the soul who seeks him.
It is good that one should wait quietly
for the salvation of the Lord. Lamentations 3:21-26


On my way to work I asked the Lord what message He would have me bring today......I have had a few thoughts the last few days, things I wanted to blog about, but work has been very busy and I haven't been able to get the time. As I was praying, I felt the Spirit place this thought on my heart and then push it to the front as I was driving.  It stayed there and didn't leave, and I knew it was what the Lord gave me for this day. He kept saying to me........"New every morning."

In spite of every circumstance we go through on a day to day basis.......He always refreshes us with little joys each morning. Somehow we get strength to start all over again. The Christian life is filled with newness....because it is filled with Christ and He never gets old!  Everything in the world gets old, jobs, drinking, money, stuff, partying, drugs, even traveling gets old after awhile and you just want to stay home! Everything in this world gets old, except for Christ. He brings us that new life that He described as living water.....

I felt it this morning and it surprised me again! I put the praise songs on and started singing a bit and before I knew it, I felt that sweet refresing that only comes from the Holy Spirit. I don't know why it catches me by surprise but it always does and it shouldn't by now. I think that God likes to give us those gifts when we are least expecting them sometimes. Just like you love to surprise your kids with little gifts.....

There are things we can do to keep that grace water flowing, I find...... Listening to good praise music, staying in the Word, fellowshiping with other believers, all these things keep that wellspring of water flowing freely. And of course, sometimes God just comes in quietly and fills us with grace and peace when we least expect it too.

It is interesting when you read the verses in Lamentations all around the above verses. They are pretty bleak! But then this verse comes in......exactly what I was feeling this morning.

There are times when we feel as dry as the desert, but God has promised we will not stay that way......
that is a great hope for me today.....I praise His name!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day, leave a comment!