Tuesday, October 12, 2010

God in Living Color

I have always thought of Fall as nature gathering her thoughts........what a spectacle, this riotous color. God's color palette is limitless.....He does nothing in black and white.....ours is a God who does things in technicolor. And yet, He says, "You haven't seen anything yet.......look, I have saved the colors of Eden for you, the ones you left behind long ago. Now you see glimmers of that light, that dimly remembered glory of your first days, preserved in Heaven, I will restore your sight once again to see what you were meant to see all along."

But another day is coming........However, as it is written: "No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him"--1 Corinthians 2:9

Eden restored......."Behold, I will create new heavens and a new earth. The former things will not be remembered, nor will they come to mind. Isaiah 65:17

When I see swirling leaves of bright orange and red, there is a place in my soul that is touched deeply and  I can't help thinking that much more is going on than meets the eye, under the surface where only God can see. Fall captivates me once again with God's great and glorious imagination, and yet I can't help but wonder what He has yet to show us.

Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. 1 Corinthians 13:12

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day, leave a comment!