Tuesday, October 5, 2010

A New Start


"As long as the earth endures, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night will never cease." Genesis 8:22

I broke my rule of being disconnected this weekend off, what can I say? Although, WIFI being what it is, I could not post anything......On the first evening there, while eating out on a patio over-hanging the Oak Creed in Sedona, an evening thunder storm blew in. We ate to the chorus of cicadas who were heralding in the storm.....they always seem to know it before we do.

When we stepped off the curb we were treated to the most beautiful complete rainbow we had ever seen. The contrast was breaktaking. It really was one of the highlights of the whole trip. Those of you who have spent time in the desert know that rainbows don't happen all the time, except in late summer when storms come and go frequently....

This was one of those times when God says, "Hey, remember me? I am still here, and I haven't forgotten my promise. Forget all those scientific explanations on the hows and whys of rainbows, I am the God of science. Science is me playing with my chemistry set for fun!

Everyone was leaning out of car windows, out on their balconies with cameras flashing.....trying to catch God at work. I only wish I could have posted the whole thing, which my friend took and perfectly got the two shots to line up.....It refused to post side by side.

We walked back to camp in the rain.....glad to be handed such a gift as such a time when it was sorely needed......I like to think that every living thing that witnessed it, did not take it lightly but somewhere deep in their being, they remembered a covenant made by a God who loves them....

 
And God said, "This is the sign of the covenant I am making between me and you and every living creature with you, a covenant for all generations to come: I have set my rainbow in the clouds, and it will be the sign of the covenant between me and the earth. Whenever I bring clouds over the earth and the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will remember my covenant between me and you and all living creatures of every kind. Never again will the waters become a flood to destroy all life.  Whenever the rainbow appears in the clouds, I will see it and remember the everlasting covenant between God and all living creatures of every kind on the earth." Genesis 9:12-15

"As long as the earth endures, seedtime and harvest, cold and heat, summer and winter, day and night will never cease." Genesis 8:22

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day, leave a comment!