Friday, October 15, 2010

Further reflections on blogging....

"Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers." 1 Timothy 4:16

Ever since I started blogging I noticed a strange phenomenon when I am away from a computer. I really miss blogging! I am starting to say things like, "I need to blog about that!" Then when I take my laptop with me I start to look around for places with free WIFI. I have always kept journals and captured my thoughts, so this part wasn't foreign to me at all. I have always enjoyed observing people, being part of the fringe as opposed to the center of the circle and writing what I see. That wasn't what surprised me.

What did surprise me was that my blogging has actually become part of my devotional time. It has increased my prayer time too, because  from the first I wanted this blog to be a lot about Him and not much about me. I figured that would be the only way to keep my big ego out of the way! I always pray about what to post and in the seeking and asking, I come away feeling closer to Him myself. Sometimes He surprises me and gives an answer right away! Sometimes it takes longer. Sometimes I get no message at all. On those days either I don't post or I post something someone else has written. Sometimes it is good to take a rest even from something you enjoy. To go thought gathering......

Always, God is teaching me through this blog. It is humbling, so humbling. I see all the other blogs out there and sometimes I almost want to quit, thinking it's already been said by better people, better writers.....and they have said it more creatively, more skillfully.With more wisdom. But then God nudges me and I hear Him say, "You have something to say because I created only one you, and only you can say it just this particular way." Really, He is telling all of us that. So I smile, and realize there is always room for one more blog. Just like there is always room for one more good book. More words to praise Him with.

I am so thankful for this place. It is my own little corner belonging to God and to me, and to all of you!

2 comments:

  1. Only you can feel what you feel, see what you see, and reflect what you reflect. Only you can write it. No one else can write what you feel, see, smell, or hear better than YOU. God uses all His children for His Glory. ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Blogging really does change your outlook. I also find myself saying that same thing; I need to blog about this. I also now take my camera with me wherever I go. You never know when even the ordinary calls out to us. :)

    Blessings and love,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete

Make my day, leave a comment!