Friday, May 7, 2010

One flower at a time....


"Just as a whole world of beauty can be discovered in one flower, so the great grace of God can be tasted in one small moment. Just as no great travels are necessary to see the beauty of creation, so no great ecstasies are needed to discover the love of God. But you have to be still and wait so that you can realize that God is not in the earthquake, the storm, or the lighting, but in the gentle breeze with which He touches your back." Henri Nouwen, The Genesee Diary

I tried to fit you into my agenda today, God.
Forgive me. I should have known You would not fit neatly into the little space of time I had designed for You this morning.
You see, I had a day planner going in my head and I knew I needed to fit you in so here I am.
What?
Okay, Lord. I got the lesson.
Now that I am here in the quiet, I can hear you enough to see how foolish I was.
Thank you for allowing me to start over.
Forgive me for trying to make you small again.
Thank you for Your grace and mercy, it washes over me anew.
Make every task Holy today Lord, In Jesus name, Amen.


But in all these things we overwhelmingly conquer through Him who loved us. For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord. Romans 8:37-39

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day, leave a comment!