Sunday, May 9, 2010

Happy Mother's Day

Here's a bouquet for all the Mom's out there!

"Hear, my son, your father’s instruction, and forsake not your mother’s teaching, for they are a graceful garland for your head and pendants for your neck." Proverbs 1:8-9

Does anyone do something exactly like their Mom? I counted several things yesterday, I didn't realize there were so many!

I scrape my fork on my plate just like her....
I make a certain face in the mirror when I am putting makeup on....
I say....."Well???" when I don't know what else to say....
I like tragedy to triumph stories....
I dry dishes exactly like her...
I can't walk a straight line, I always drift one way or the other....

Most valuable things I have learned from her:
Don't moan when you are sick, you will get more sympathy....
If you sing, it will make you and others feel better....
That having a relationship with the Lord is the most important thing....
Everyone has a story....
Get up and be positive, no matter how tough it is....
Reading the Bible can help you through anything....
And she taught me that prayer changes things....

I love you Mom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day, leave a comment!