Sunday, May 30, 2010

How Big is Your God?


Even now, I can hear my former Pastor Gary Kinnamon's voice ask the question, "How Big is Your God?" I had heard many messages before on that subject, but for some reason, he brought it home in such a way that I never forgot it.

Being human, I still let circumstances overwhelm me, threaten to make me forget that God is bigger than anything I can ever face, but I never really forget it for long. My prayer is that you will let this one thing sink in today. I have seen God move in ways and situations that I thought were immovable, and I am sure you have too.

He is bigger than:

Any addiction
Any broken relationship
Any illness
Any lost dream
Any circumstance life can throw at us....anything!
"Then the word of the LORD came to Jeremiah: "I am the LORD, the God of all mankind. Is anything too hard for me? Jeremiah 32:26,27
He is with you now, ready. Waiting in the wings to come to your aid....just ask. He may not eliminate the "problem" although sometimes He does, He will be with you in the midst of whatever it is you're facing. We have that assurance in His Word! We can rest in that. "Though I walk in the midst of trouble, you preserve my life...." and "The LORD will fulfill his purpose for me; your love, O Lord, endures forever-"
Psalm 138:7,8

3 comments:

  1. How true those words are; our God is so big!

    Lori, I attended Prayer Quake one year when Pastor Jim Cymbala was speaking. I heard your former pastor speak and I've also read one of his books. I'm glad you're in Arizona. Maybe one day we'll get to meet in person.

    Blessings,
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Debbie, Yes I attended the same Prayer Quake, that was so dynamic. I miss Gary's preaching and teaching SO much. Yes, I feel sure we will meet one of these days, :-) Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, welcome aboard Bob! I will check out your blogs...blessings to you. Lori

    ReplyDelete

Make my day, leave a comment!