Thursday, January 14, 2010

Love one another


It is hard sometimes even to love those we love. We get irritated sometimes and then we feel bad at being irritated. Things get in the way and prevent us from loving the way we know we should. It's like static on a radio. So frustrating to almost get the station dialed in, one minute it is there, clearly it comes across like a miracle, only to have it crackle and fade, gone again. Those old dial radios!

And then there is the baggage. Baggage of all of our past experiences with that person. Old wounds, old hurts. We come to them hoping for a change, for them and us; hearts open but guarded, only to be smacked down again. Little things become big in a hurry. But there is hope. Hope because God is enough. God is love itself, the very essence of it.

So I pray for Him to show me, and sometimes miracles do happen when I get out of the way. He loves through me. Not only do I show it, I really mean it. We connect Spirit to Spirit and God teaches us how to love the way He does. The kind of love that washed not only the feet of John and Peter, but Judas feet as well.

"A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another. By this all men will know that you are my disciples, if you love one another." John 13:34,35

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day, leave a comment!