Sunday, December 20, 2009

A light unto my path....


"Thy Word is a lamp unto my feet and a light unto my path." Psalm 119:105

I have allowed things to crowd You out Lord, the voice of Your Spirit has become dimmed, so this morning I run to Your Word. I cling to it as a drowning man clings to floating driftwood, knowing that it is my only hope of survival.

Like the lamp that lights the way to Narnia, Your Word is my gateway to communion with You. I hear the familiar Words and draw comfort. I begin to feel your Spirit's stir once again in my soul here in the quiet, and I am restored.

Thank You Lord, once again You greet me with Your Presence. Your grace covers me like a cloak. Words leap from pages as if they are meant just for me! Thank You for being patient with me again and again. I take one step toward Your Word and I am blessed beyond measure.

I hug it to my chest, panic subsiding, I drift. I reach Your golden shore.

"A voice is calling, clear the way for the Lord in the wilderness; make smooth in the desert a highway for Our God." Isaiah 40:3
"The grass withers, the flower fades when the breath of the Lord blows upon it; surely the people are grass. The grass withers the flower fades, but the Word of the Lord stands forever." Isaiah 40: 7,8

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day, leave a comment!