Monday, December 14, 2009

Delighting in the way....

Stepping Stones by Dan Hildreth

"The steps of a man (or woman) are established by the Lord; And He delights in his way. When he falls, he shall not be hurled headlong; because the Lord is the One who holds his hand." Psalm 23,24

I was stuck today. I couldn't seem to motivate myself to do a thing. Then I finally did the one thing I should have done first....Pray! At any time during the day we can stop, switch direction and start again. I made a mistake, I started dwelling on all the things I needed to do and ended up doing nothing. Until I prayed. Now I am motivated once again to pick up and go on.

What a wonder it is that God actually delights in our way! Thankful today for the many times He has kept me from harm when I insisted on plunging ahead anyway.

"I will give thanks to the Lord with all my heart; I will tell of all thy wonders." Psalm 9:1

I celebrate with the Gratitude community today for the stepping stones that God has lovingly provided to help me stay on track....Godly parents, loving friends, the wisdom found in the Word, Your marvelous creation that reminds me that I am very small yet still infinitely valuable to You.

#146 toward 1000 and beyond,
holy experience

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day, leave a comment!