Monday, December 21, 2009

A few of my favorite things......

Things that just make me feel good.......adding to my list of gratitude today:
Don't robins make you feel like they have something important to tell you?
Libraries are my happy place...
Cat hugs are always great!
How can you see this and not feel all warm inside? The miracle of new life.....
I want to go back to Kindergarten!
Sitting at the bottom of Yosemite valley, I greet my familiar granite faces in wonder, again. I wait, cupping my chilled hands around my cup, and wait for first rays to reach me where I sit.
Cabins in snow, always a favorite.....

More things......Baby animals of all kinds, kites flying against a summer sky, puppy breath, the hush of snow fall, the wonder of God's whole creation, cry of coyotes in the wee hours, owls, angel statues in cemetaries, birdsong in the morning, falling asleep talking to God, hugs that are serious like they really don't want to let you go, the reassuring sound of the ocean washing over all my worries, good advice from someone who really cares, books and more books, musical laughter, and most of all the knowledge of where all these things come from, that is the best gift of all.

"Every good and perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of the heavenly lights, who does not change like shifting shadows." James 1:17

#170 toward 1000 and beyond,
holy experience

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day, leave a comment!