Tuesday, April 24, 2012

A little bird told me


"Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care. And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered.  So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows. Matthew 10:29-31

This verse comes just about in the middle of Chapter 10 when Jesus is sending His disciples out two by two. I take comfort in how many times He told the disciples not to fear. I guess I shouldn't take comfort in that, that they feared, but I do. Let's face it, the world out there can be a scary place.

Each day He sends us out too, and we never know who or what we might run into.

I guess that's why I like birds......they remind me that God takes record of every one that falls from the sky and He is taking care of me too.

When I look at this little guy, a little ordinary brown sparrow, I see a master Designer at work. I see a hundred different shades of grey, brown, tan. I look at how the feathers fold so neatly together, how those little feet can grip just about anything. Perfectly suited to their environment.

God has placed His Own Spirit within us, so that we may be totally effective. Not only that, like this little bird, when we are controlled by the Spirit, we are perfectly suited to go out into the world and be God's hands and feet. But it's a battle, no doubt about it. At times I read that list of the gifts of the Spirit and I see where I am glaringly lacking.

There are far too many times I take the Spirit places He should never be, with my thoughts, my words, my actions.

And yet, still He strives with me.

Sometimes I pretend, it's just me and Jesus. And He's giving me a pep talk in my morning prayer. That is what it really comes down to, every day.

Me and Jesus face to face. And In that moment when I meet Him, the world falls away, and nothing else matters. When He looks in my eyes, He sees my heart.

He still wants me.

7 comments:

  1. You has a great blog. I'm very interesting to stopping here and leaves you a comment. Good work.

    Lets keep writing and share your information to us.

    Nb: Dont forget to leave your comment back for us.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's a battle with the mind and the battle with the outside world this walk we walk.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Isn't that simply incredible? He knows us, cares about us, watches our comings and goings, and equips us for our purpose. I don't know about you but there are days when I feel like I need a LOT of equipping. A few extra pieces of armor, a super-thick blanket of grace, and some serious encouragement to go along with it. And wouldn't you know it - He sees that too, and always manages to give me exactly what I need.

    He is just so good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Until that day when we hear that trumpet call, we will keep striving! Until that day, we keep doing what we do so that others may know Him! Thank you all for commenting....Blessings, Lori

    ReplyDelete
  5. this brought tears. thank you for such a gentle yet powerful reminder. bless you.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Me and Jesus.

    I'm grateful for the pairing.

    As you know I have been studying Acts with the examples of Paul -- then add Peter and James -- and I feel like how could I ever be the encourager, the faithful that they were.

    Thankfully, He only expects me to be who I am for His kingdom, and that's the greatest gift.

    I love the inspiration that you use from nature for your thoughtful posts.

    Hugs, sweet friend.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hugs and prayers of blessing to all for your heartfelt comments....always appreciated from you my friends :-) Lori

    ReplyDelete

Make my day, leave a comment!