Monday, April 2, 2012

In our shoes



In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. He was with God in the beginning. Through him all things were made; without him nothing was made that has been made. In him was life, and that life was the light of all mankind. The light shines in the darkness, and the darkness has not overcome it........

That Word had a name and His name was......is......Jesus. That same eternal Word at one point became flesh and dwelt among us, left His perfect world so He could walk for awhile in our shoes.....On our shores.

There is so much mystery in this that we can scarcely contain it. But we believe it, and somehow it all makes perfect sense. And once again we are walking Jesus last steps on this earth as we remember what He did for us. Once again, we try to grasp  what it must have been like to be there in person. To listen to those words, hear the crowds, feel the same dust between my toes that He did.

I put myself in the disciples place and know within my heart of hearts that I would have scattered too. I would have watched dumbfounded and horror-stricken in the garden as my best friend, one who knew me inside and out, more than anyone ever had was led away like a common criminal. Knowing I did nothing to stop it because I was frozen in place by fear.

With the newfound knowledge still pulsing in my veins, singing through my soul......remembering how He broke the bread, how I felt the burning in my heart, the knowledge that here was God in the same room with me, with us. Still feeling that as the torchlight retreated and the garden was swallowed in darkness.

As night closed around us, we had no idea that Easter was only two days away.

Today and everyday we remember with Gratitude that our Easter did happen. Each and every day, we feel it again as we rise to new life in Him.

Though you have not seen him, you love him; and even though you do not see him now, you believe in him and are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy......1 Peter 1:8

Knowing that my one little life is of immense importance to Him........He cared so much about you and I that He would die the worst of deaths and suffer separation from His own Father.......Knowing that no matter what, I never have to be alone again.......He prays for me even now before our Father in Heaven......I have been pardoned and am free from condemnation........Knowing that everything I do interests Him.......I have the freedom to read my Bible and attend church without fear......When we talk about the word, Heaven is opened He writes it down.......He is preparing a place even now.......and though so many things we see and experience may not be fair, one the day He shows up, all will be made right in an instant. #856-866


No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day, leave a comment!