Saturday, June 25, 2011

When you feel like dust


For as the heavens are high above the earth,
So great is His mercy toward those who fear Him;
As far as the east is from the west,
So far has He removed our transgressions from us.
As a father pities his children,
So the LORD pities those who fear Him.
For He knows our frame;
He remembers that we are dust. Psalm 103:11-14

Sometimes I feel my dustiness.....When I am tired, when I roll out of bed and everything is creaking. When I can't seem to sleep when I need to, and then nod off in the chair, unable to keep my eyes open. We are so frail, and yet there is a part of us that will last forever. The part that God breathed life into......

Our Spirit.

That is the part that keeps on going when the body and mind are all tired out. That's that part that will keep on going when we take our final breath on this place we call home.

But until then, we take time out in between the all tired out times. I am planning one of those timeouts tomorrow. I will be heading to the coast.....and blessedly wonderful temperatures. Instead of being huddled inside to escape 110 outside, I will be throwing the windows open to greet balmy perfect breezes and temps of around 70 in LA.

I am looking forward to practising more with my camera......

and reading....

and maybe some blogging too!  

And......a special shout out to Michelle DeRusha over at "Graceful" for introducing me to "picnik" a wonderful site where you can play with your photos and do cool editing stuff.

5 comments:

  1. Oh Lori, I hope you have the most wonderful and restorative day! Looking forward to seeing some of your pics! What a great concept - a time away day!
    Andie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Actually Andie, the way I wrote this it does sound like a day, but it is actually a week! Thank you, I am hoping for 5 restorative days! Just what the Dr (me) ordered! Thank you for your good thoughts and I will do my best to take some good pctures to share :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have a wonderful time, Lori -- enjoy the sea breezes, sand between your toes, delish food and everything else that goes along with a great vacation. I will look forward to seeing your newly edited pictures - ;) And thanks for the shout-out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Visiting here today was balm for my soul. Thank you! ~Debra

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope your days are filled with refreshing times ... looking forward to your photos!

    ReplyDelete

Make my day, leave a comment!