Tuesday, June 21, 2011

My best self

I thank you God for this most amazing day, for the leaping greenly spirits of trees, and for the blue dream of sky and for everything which is natural, which is infinite, which is yes. ~e.e. cummings


How often I have stood in the meadow and gazed at this beloved view. It is part of me, I consider myself part owner anyway, having been blessed enough to have grown up near Yosemite. We went there every year. How grateful I continue to be for my parents, who instilled in me a deep love and appreciation of nature. Those memories have carried me through many tough times. I can't help but smile when I think of all those trips......so thrilled at the first view of those magnificent cliffs. Sometimes, unable to contain our excitement, we would pull over and run outside just to get a whiff of the sweet pine-air.
 
I have always found my best self close to nature. I really become the person I most want to be. I become at ease and the self confidence that alludes me nearly all of the time, comes to life in it. Much of the time I am ill at ease in the world, never sure of my place in it. But there, standing in a meadow, or on the shore listening to the crash of the waves, my best me comes out. I like myself there. Nature beckons me, invites me to be a part of it.....asking nothing in return except to come and enjoy.
 
Feel the peace of it, relax in it, and thank God for His marvelous creation.
 
Nature itself glorifies God as nothing else can. People many times fail to do that, but nature never does.
 
"God writes the gospel not in the Bible alone, but on trees and flowers and clouds and stars." ~Author unknown, commonly attributed to Martin Luther
 
Stroll over to Moonboat Cafe and see the post that inspired my own post today........thank you Cassandra!

2 comments:

  1. Hi Lori,

    I too love nature. I look back and remember many trips to see the beauties of creation. I like to think what heaven will be like, seeing the beauty of God's creation in this fallen and sinful world, how much better it will be.

    God bless and thank you for sharing this post.
    Ken

    ReplyDelete
  2. God wants us to be still.

    He painted all of this for us.

    We need to be still and look at it and not be focused on so many things manufactured by man.

    Argh.

    I need to get off the computer then, don't I?

    LOL

    ReplyDelete

Make my day, leave a comment!