Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Starting the Day Right


PSALM 143:8-10

Let the morning bring me Word
of your unfailing love,
for I have put my trust in you.
Show me the way I should go,
for to you I lift up my soul.
Rescue me from my enemies, O Lord,
for I hide myself in you.
Teach me to do your will,
for you are my God;
may your good Spirit
lead me on levelground.

I started the day the only safe way to start it....By rolling out of bed, placing my forehead to the carpet and uttering a prayer....first for strength, then a thank you for another day on the earth....for my health, for the miracle of being able to start again. All over the world, others are waking too. Some with prayers, some with curses, some with a combination of both.

Really, I start the day with an advantage. An advantage of weakness. A knowledge that I can't do this on my own. When I am off work, I don't start off nearly this needy. But I should, since I have no guarantee of what may happen on any given day only that You walk beside me.

So I gave my day over, and whatever happens. God is in it. And it will be good because He is with me.

The most wonderful moment of the day is that when creation in it's innocence asks permission to "be" once again, as it did on the first morning that ever was. Thomas Merton

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day, leave a comment!