Monday, June 7, 2010

No worries....


When we dwell on something from the past or worry about the future, our present is immediately snatched away. Worry about something we can't change is a death sentence for the here and now and it renders us useless to ourselves or anyone else. Whenever I catch myself going down the rabbithole of regret over something that has already happened, or something I think might happen, I am no longer alive to the victory I have in Christ right now, today. In effect, I am putting myself back into a prison that Christ set me free from. The Bible says, "there is now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus." By worrying I am bringing life to something that Jesus has put to death. Why do I try to resurrect what God has put to death? As long as I have that mindset, I can't live a life that glorifies Christ, and I am robbed of the peace of Christ. And if I allow fear and worry to rob me of the peace of Christ, I can't give it to anyone else!

Thank you Lord, that I don't have to waste time dwelling on the past, or bogged down by worrying about the future, for You alone hold the future in Your mighty hand. It is a hard lesson to learn, and I am still trying to learn it. Only with You is this even possible. In my head I know my future is secure and so is my present, help the lesson reach my heart. Thank you that I don't have to fear either one of them as I look to You to breathe hope into all my days, for I know that circumstances always change but You never do. Amen


Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Col. 3:15

Continuing the gratitude counting daily, weekly, monthly....#331 wise friends, #332 curling up with a good book, #333 furry companions who comfort, #334 babies that smile with wonder at the world, #335 air-conditioning to escape desert heat, #336 quiet moments in the morning, #337 children laughing, #338 public libraries, #339 good co-workers, #340 visiting with a long lost friend who I hadn't seen in 25 years!
holy experience

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day, leave a comment!