Saturday, June 12, 2010

Some days......

This was my day yesterday....Mary Engelbreit captures it perfectly with this image!

I left a five dollar bill on the lunch counter after dropping the snack I bought.....luckily someone turned it in to the cashier. Then after work I started to water the roses and forgot the hose was running. For an hour. Someone came to the door and said, "Your neighbor must have left the water running because it is flooded all the way to the clubhouse." I ran out, ready to check the neighbor's hose and remembered it was mine. I hung around in back pretending to shut off their water, and I noticed the car wasn't leaving. As I sheepishly came around front she said, "Oh, was it YOURS???" I wanted to tell her to go home and mind her own business, but I smiled and thanked her. It was just that kind of day!

This is what I needed to tell myself this morning on the way to work!

I was grousing about things, little things....which is kind of unusual for me because I usually feel like this, for the most part.

Then I thought about this little boy that is still missing in Oregon, and his poor parents, the Dad is an Intel employee like me.....all of a sudden my little complaints vanished into vapor....I prayed for them the rest of the way to work. I can't begin to imagine the agony of what they're going through. Our world is going on, but theirs has stopped.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day, leave a comment!