Wednesday, November 11, 2009

Window of compassion



I saw a crazy lady on a bike yesterday. She was talking to herself, making wild movements. She was at a crosswalk and I was wary, thinking she might dart out in front of me. At that moment a bit of Heaven peeled back and I saw her, really saw her the way God must see her. Something moved me deep within and tears came unexpectedly. This is someone's daughter, maybe someone's Mom.

The light turned green, I moved on. But the impact is still there even today. Day after day we carry our burdens carefully so as not to upset the precarious balance we have made. Under the weight of our own we sometimes don't see others precious burdens. We say, "Why don't they just let it go?" But if we just turn and help, listen....support, acknowledge the burden; give them the freedom to acknowledge yours.

I wonder are we all just a bit crazy? Maybe we are all a bit like the woman on the bicycle; maybe we just hide it better.

Bear one another's burdens, and thereby fulfill the law of Christ. Galations 6:2

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day, leave a comment!