Wednesday, November 18, 2009

Dream a little dream

Painting by Alphonse François

"While Pilate was sitting on the judge's seat, his wife sent him this message: "Don't have anything to do with that innocent man, for I have suffered a great deal today in a dream because of him." Matthew 27:19

Dreams have always fascinated me. I guess because I dream a lot. It is more unusual for me not to have a dream. I have dreams where I fly through the air, drive wierd little cars, climb through narrow passageways, and ever since I was a kid I have dreamed about my teeth falling out. The Bible is filled with stories of the way God uses dreams to communicate with people.

Once I had a "healing dream." I was suffering from anorexia in my very early twenties. It was a nightmare, and my Mom and Dad suffered the most their prayers seemed to hit the ceiling and go no further, until one night. What I actually dreamed was sketchy. Different scenes played out here and there, but through it all the one thing I remember was a golden light filling everything around me. When I awoke I knew that I had been healed. I announced it and we all cried, and I remember eating my first rational meal in months and months. The power that had held my mind and body captive was broken by the Great Healer! I will never forget it.

Do you ever dream about a place you've never been before but dream about it over and over? My Mom dreams of a little messy house that she can never get clean, always the same house. I have dreamed of a little alleyway restaurant more than once, an oriental restaurant with a walkup counter....I can see it now in my mind. I always wonder if that is a real place somewhere.

So what about you? Comment and share your dreams.....I would love to hear them!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day, leave a comment!