Sunday, October 18, 2009

Morning prayer


Now that I am down the road a bit, I can see all the times
in my life where I left you out, Lord.
How much better they would have
been had I invited You along.

Of course I know You were there, waiting in the wings.
Hoping, waiting for me to acknowledge You
instead of being focused on my fears
my feelings
my needs....Or just simply thinking that
You had forgotten me,
or didn't care.

I can imagine you saying, "I can help you with that,
if you just let Me;
Ask, seek, I am here knocking
but I will never violate your
free will."


Help me to remember all the times I have been helped
by a perfect stranger. How grateful I was.
Help me to keep my spiritual eyes and ears
open to those who need help, or might be seeking You.
Remove the blinders that keep me so focused on my own agenda that I miss Your opportunities.

Thank you Lord, for being with me now.
What a miracle that I can bring eternity
into every little moment, and know
that Your are smiling on me when I do.
Amen

Revelation 3:20
"Behold, I stand at the door, and knock:
if any man hear my voice, and open the door,
I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Make my day, leave a comment!