Sunday, August 21, 2011

All Creatures Great and Small


What a wonderful treat it was to come home from work last night and watch my first installment of this series that I remember so well. I used to watch it on PBS years ago. It is so very different from anything you see on TV now.......I smiled when I heard the theme music and saw the old clunky cars and English country roads.

The series is based on James Herriot's years as a country vet in Yorkshire, England. It was so much fun to see James bump into Helen, his future wife soon after he got off the bus after arriving at his new destination fresh from college.

I heartily recommend it! Pop some corn, get some drinks and settle in. You may have to turn it up a bit so you can hear what's said more clearly. Some of those accents are pretty thick, but you have to hear what they say to get the nuance of the humor.

Well, that's all I have for now.

Hope you are enjoying a blessed Sunday!

Lori

3 comments:

  1. I've read the books, but it would be fun to see these.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never seen it.

    I'll add it to my list, but hubby would frown.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No, I think he would like it. They do manly things like go the pub and drink ale and swap stories! Hee hee

    ReplyDelete

Make my day, leave a comment!